ComMenses

One of my friends’ husbands always said you should say “I’ve commensed” when you say, “I started my period.”

A, as my latest grumblings have been about starting, I finally am back to “normal.” I’m on day 2, and, from reading what to expect with the first cycle after miscarriage, I knew it’d be really heavy, light, or normal, because it seems everything miscarriage-related is. (I don’t know why it took me so long to figure this out. Of course it depends on the person! How many of us have the exact same hormone levels?!) So, my experience thus far? Very, very heavy. Like this morning seemed like miscarriage heavy and cramping and all.

As annoying as it is, I’m very happy with this step in the process. My body is recognizing what is going on, and giving me a chance to be pregnant again (read, ovulate!). What will I do differently this time?

I am getting back to the NFP days, but reading a book as a refresher (Take Charge of Your Fertility.) I am enjoying getting back to the basics with this book, but also, it is helping me slow down on my google searches for every tingle I feel in my body. So, I will observe cervical fluid (which I have always done), but will start basal body temps and observe cervical position. I downloaded the app that corresponds with the book to keep track and document everything on a chart. I’m hoping that doing this, as well as using ovulation prediction tests, will aid in getting pregnant without getting a yeast infection from having sex SO much when I think I’m ovulating (try observing cervical fluid and trying to figure out what’s from me and what’s from my husband...it gets difficult).

I feel a lot better, I’m assuming because of the hormonal switch with menses. But this book has really helped my wandering thoughts. Any time I think I should google something. I read the book instead. It’s got some awesome info, and, from being medical-minded from the get go, I love the anatomy and physiology in the book. (Nerd alert.)

As I move away from the miscarriage and start “living” again, my topics will likely venture off from the miscarriage topic. I have a lot that goes on in my life and my mind, I’m just not sure why other parts I want to put out there for the world to see. I just want to warn any followers that I may not talk about my miscarriage in every post from here on out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why body? Why?!

The Baby We Will Never See

Hormones